The Subcommittee on Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia has jurisdiction over the following within its region:
(1) Matters affecting the political relations between the United States and the countries of the region, including resolutions or other legislative measures directed to such relations.
(2) Legislation with respect to disaster assistance outside the Foreign Assistance Act, boundary issues, and international claims.
(3) Legislation with respect to region- or country-specific loans or other financial relations outside the Foreign Assistance Act.
(4) Legislation and oversight regarding human rights practices in particular countries.
(5) Oversight of regional lending institutions.
(6) Oversight of matters related to the regional activities of the United Nations, of its affiliated agencies, and of other multilateral institutions.
(7) Identification and development of options for meeting future problems and issues relating to U.S. interests in the region.
(8) Oversight of base rights and other facilities access agreements and regional security pacts.
(9) Concurrent oversight jurisdiction with respect to matters assigned to the functional subcommittees insofar as they may affect the region.
(10) Oversight of foreign assistance activities affecting the region, with the concurrence of the Chairman of the full Committee.
(11) Such other matters as the Chairman of the full Committee may determine.