Washington, DC—Congressman Gregory W. Meeks, Chairman of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, today announced the selection of committee leaders for the 117th Congress.
“I’m proud to have such an esteemed group of colleagues working with me to lead the Foreign Affairs Committee this Congress. Each of our subcommittee chairs will continue to bring integrity and commitment to their work on behalf of the American people each and every day. Their talent and insight will be invaluable as we work to rebuild United States global leadership and restore Congress’s role in foreign policy at this critical time. My heartfelt congratulations to them all,” said Meeks.
Rep. Tom Malinowski will serve as the Committee’s Vice Chair.
The House Foreign Affairs Committee subcommittee chairs for the 117th Congress:
• Rep. Karen Bass: Africa, Global Health, and Global Human Rights
• Rep. Ami Bera: Asia, the Pacific, Central Asia, Nonproliferation
• Rep. William Keating: Europe, Energy, the Environment, and Cyber
• Rep. Joaquin Castro: International Development, International Organizations, and Global Corporate Social Impact
• Rep. Ted Deutch: Middle East, North Africa, and Global Counterterrorism
• Rep. Albio Sires: Western Hemisphere, Civilian Security, Migration, and International Economic Policy