Chairman Royce on Latest Gitmo ReleasesPress Release
Washington, D.C. – House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Ed Royce (R-CA) issued the following statement in response to reports that the Obama administration has released 15 detainees from the terrorist prison at Guantanamo Bay:
“In its race to close Gitmo, the Obama administration is doubling down on policies that put American lives at risk. Once again, hardened terrorists are being released to foreign countries where they will be a threat. Too many have already died at the hands of former detainees. I fear we will be dealing with the consequences of this recklessness for years to come.”
- Will the White House Repeat Mistakes that Allowed a Dangerous Jihadist to Go Missing?
- Statement on Ex-Gitmo Detainee Vakhitov
- Hearing: “Demanding Accountability: The Administration’s Reckless Release of Terrorists from Guantanamo”
- False Confidence: Vanished Former Gitmo Detainee Exposes Admin Claims
- Chairman Royce Requests DOD, State Depts. Correct the Record on Terrorist Detainee Transfers